Links to find the best campsites and information….
With France offering so much choice when it comes to finding a place to stay, we have listed below a few links to make the job a little easier.
There is no one truly comprehensive online guide to the campsites of France but these two websites show a good choice of campsites if you need to book ahead.
Also, in France, the websites of regional tourism boards and tourist information offices (in individual towns) will have comprehensive campsite and “Aire de Service” listings for their area (as well as information on what to do, events etc.). Search online for the “Office de Tourisme” for any specific town in France or for campsites/information for a whole region, visit a regional tourism board. Here is our page showing the regional tourism boards in France: Regional tourist boards
Need help planing your next campervan adventure??
Check out the links below to all the ‘regional tourist boards’ in France. They provide all the details information you will need to help plan your next campervan getaway.
- Alsace – www.tourisme-alsace.com
- Aquitaine – www.tourisme-aquitaine.fr
- Auvergne – www.auvergne-tourism.com
- Brittany – www.brittanytourism.com
- Burgundy – www.burgundy-tourism.com
- Champagne – www.champagne-ardenne-tourism.co.uk
- Corsica – www.visit-corsica.com
- French Riviera/Cote d’Azur – www.frenchriviera-tourism.com
- Dordogne – http://uk.france.fr/en/dordogne
- Franche-Comte – www.franche-comte.org/?lg=en
- Languedoc Roussillon – www.languedoc.visite.org
- Limousin – www.tourismelimousin.com
- Loire Valley – www.loirevalleytourism.com
- Lorraine – www.tourisme-lorraine.fr/en/
- Midi-Pyrénées – http://uk.france.fr/en/discover/midi-pyrenees
- Nord Pas des Calais – www.northernfrance-tourism.com
- Normandy – www.normandy-tourism.org
- Paris – en.parisinfo.com
- Picardy – www.picardietourisme.com
- Provence – www.visitprovence.com
- Rhone-Alps – en.rhonealpes-tourisme.com
The best national tourism site is France.fr, which provides lots of information about national events, what to do (divided into interests including art, wellbeing, naturism, golf, seaside reports, gastronomy…) and the French regions. Scroll to the end of the home page where you will find links to all the regions. Each regional page provides links to useful information and how to connect with the latest news from each region via social media.
Friends and Family enjoying a fantastic weekend in La Colmiane
Altitude: 1,500 to 1,800m
- Info: La Colmiane Tourist Office
Tel: 04 93 23 25 90
- Access: Click here for directions
- Facilities: Alpine skiing: 4 green, 6 blue, 8 red and 2 black
Cross-country and Nordic skiing: 16 Km
Snow-boarding and monoski
Snow park and ESF Ski Schools fantastic for Kids
- ZIPWIRE THE LONGEST IN FRANCE